lunes, 12 de septiembre de 2011

first impressions

First impressions are not always the correct ones; we should all keep this in mind while meeting a person for the first time. We should never judge a person by how he or she looks like or like; most of the people say we should never judge a book by its cover. I believe people are not gold coins says my mother to me when I go tell her someone didn’t like me, and misjudge me. She always says to me that this is true wherever I go, it doesn’t matter the place am at or the people am with. I know my mother will never say something that could harm me in any way, so in the majority of the cases I trust in her experience and advices, but sometimes as a teenager I get out of the path. People are not gold coins, interesting say right; well I know now what my mother meant exactly when she told me that.  I didn’t really get it at first, I just thought ah my mother she’s just bodering me with her talks about how she has more experience than me and how her advices are hundred percent true. Well my story of how I managed to get to know a person whom I hated and she hated me, starts when I was just 12 years old. We got to keep in mind that when you’re that age you have a naïve mind, so going on with my story I was in 6th grade, cursing elementary school at that time. I remember it was my first day at a new school and I was very nervous about the whole subject. I remember perfectly my stomach begin to hurt so bad that I didn’t knew what to do at that time. It’s just like when you get nervous and your hands begin shaking and they get all sweaty and your stomach begins to hurt and starts to make some weird noises and you turn to see the other way because you believe people is staring at you and there actually not there in their world thinking how they are going to spend the rest of the day, and you believed that  because it’s all a product of your imagination and all of the nerves you have at that particular time. Anyway that day I went to school without any makeup on, my sister told me not to because in her head it was a bad first impression  but what she does not know is that going without makeup was the really bad one actually. First of all I looked like I just got out of the hospital after days and well I had to bare with that for the rest of that day. I remember that the bell rang and my hands started shaking again and got all sweaty, and well it was actually time for me to go to my classroom where I would find my best and worst nightmare ever. First I compared it to a movie so full of fake terror that it even gave me nausea just to think about it but now I just laugh of all the things I just to think when I was that age. I went into the classroom at seven sharp I just didn’t wanted to get late in my first day of class. And I wasn’t late except for everybody else and the teacher, yeah strike one. Then everybody started to get in and for me the worst part was introducing me to everyone in the class and me stubborn a lot during the words the teacher made me give. Then during my words a girl just stood up to throw some garbage and gave a look like what a retard person she is. She was wearing the uniform of the school with a blue sweater that day and her shoes were filled with sparkly glitter and I remembered well that her beige pants were slightly brown in the bottom, because that day had been raining and the mod stained her pants as well as others.  First I felt really bad and then I got an anger that is indescribable; the type of anger when you know your boyfriend is cheating on you and you want to break all of his bones that type of anger. Then it came recess time I really didn’t make any friends at that time, and as soon as the bell rang everybody just disappear in a matter of seconds including the teacher. But suddenly the same girl I thought she looked at me in a bad way came back for me and invited me to join her and her group, big surprise I got that minute and then from that day on we became such good friends and the girl I misjudge and gave a first bad impression just saved me of spending the recess alone. Now we are still best friends and we still remember how our first impression was, and we laugh all the time about my attack of stubbornness in the middle of the class. Now we have five years of knowing each other and standing up for each other in every single time we get the chance, because she taught me that first impressions are not always the correct ones.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario