lunes, 19 de septiembre de 2011

Childhood Event

Well my story begins when I was nine years old, and I had to move to New York and go to a school there. At first I was very excited and thrilled to have new friends and to meet new teachers because believe or not I was more responsible at that age that am now. Anyway I didn’t really knew how to speak English at that time so everything I heard was people talking words I couldn’t understand and that made me feel a little frustrated but anyhow you can say I was happy to go to a new school. I remembered that my first day I got up, brushed my teeth, had breakfast made by my dad and let me add that I appreciate that my dad made me my breakfast every day but he can’t really cook that well and I had to eated everyday, but I never told him that because I knew he would feel bad so I sacrificed myself literary.  Well I was telling how my day started now am going to go on how at the end of the day I wanted to be dead. I arrived to the school and when I was standing in the door my stomach began to hurt so bad and no I didn’t wanted to go to the bathroom if you are thinking that, I was really nervous and no longer wanted to go in but I had to. When I stepped in, one teacher was waiting for me she already knew I would be arriving and that I didn’t knew how to speak English. She was Latin I believe because she was bilingual and with her I felt more secure but still nervous because I knew that all of my teachers were not going to be bilingual and that gave me a terrible fear. But anyway I went to my classroom and there were all of my classmates sitting down, and you know how awful it feels to have people starring at you until you have are seated, well I felt like a zoo animal. But then everybody in my class started approaching me and wanted to talk to me but because I didn’t knew how to speak English I couldn’t understand anything and neither could they so I felt bad because it really seemed that everybody in my class were nice. Suddenly a Mexican girl called Sabrina approached me and started talking to me in Spanish I was relieved I finally heard words in Spanish, well she was really nice and had a strong personality. Her skin tone was a little dark, and she had brown eyes and dark hair. At first I thought finally things are getting better, I was far from getting better.   This girl later became my worst nightmare and then little by little she gained the control of my life. She started by being sweet and almost anybody would talk to her, I found out why later on. She helped me study and helped me with some of my homework because I didn’t get anything, and she would also translate for me to the teachers. So we became friends but when recess time arrived she wanted me to stay with her all of the recess time and there were plenty of girls who wanted me to play with them but I couldn’t because she ordered me not to, or else she wouldn’t help me with my teachers and with school exercises so I had to in some way obey her. I felt really bad because of the way she treated me that I didn’t wanted to go to school and I cried every single day of how I felt so miserable for letting that girl treat me and do whatever she wanted with me just for the fact that I didn’t knew how to speak English. So one day I put myself to think that I really needed to learn English fast so that she could never say anything to me and because of that three months later I was speaking English and did well with my assignments and exercises and could talk with the rest of my friends. When she saw this she didn’t talk to me again and I was relieved that she didn’t, but I really have to thank her by being my inspiration for learning English and for out coming this face of my childhood.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario